This area will contain links to external websites that have fun or interesting content related to aviation or Air Cadets.
This online magazine is published by the department and it is made specifically for cadets. In fact, many of the articles in it were written by cadets such as yourselves. You can read this great new online magazine and if you wish, you can even submit an article! Please see Captain Gallant for information on submitting an article. Click the title above to get there.
Our own Lt Ng is featured in issue #4. Check out her article.
Fun and Interesting Aviation-Related Content:
- "Parahawking" over Nepal: http://www.flixxy.com/parahawking-over-nepal.htm
- Highlights of the Oshkosh 2011 Airshow: http://www.twaseniorsclub.org/Oshkosh.html
- High performance gliding in Sion, Switzerland - Highlights from the 2009 season: http://vimeo.com/groups/glidinghd/videos/7851527
- Disaster Strikes: This amazing photo shows great detail.
The pilot at low level had no control over his aircraft. It narrowly misses a huge crowd gathered for the air show and slams into four buildings. One can only imagine the horror of the occupants inside those buildings. Click here to see a photo of the collision
- Single man jet flight by "Jetman" through the Grand Canyon in May 2011.
- Jeb Corliss flying in a Wingsuit. This is a skydiving suit that has huge flaps between the arms and legs. The people fly like flying squirrels. This video was shot in Switzerland, jumping off a high mountain. Don't try this at home with a bedsheet!!
- Friends are friends, but best friends jump out of airplanes together!
- A short documentary about gliding in Penhold, Alberta. For those of you who are interested in going gliding next month, this will show you a bit of what it's about.
- A new documentary on The Weather Network about cadets gliding in Debert, Nova Scotia, where our cadets get their glider training.
- Do you want to see the world's largest model airport? It took six years to build. Follow this link to see this amazing accomplishment. It actually has model planes taking off and landing too!
- Comedian Rick Mercer went flying at the Hamilton Air Show. Astronaut Chris Hadfield talked with him too!
- A video of an eagle owl landing at 1000 frames per second. Look for the "stall" on the leading edge of his wings when he comes in for final approach. You can see how the airflow goes around his wings by watching the feathers. This is what the airflow on a plane's wings would look like if you could see it.
- An airshow at night: http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=1103012503001.
- Our country is planning on buying the regular version of the F-35 Fighter Jet to replace the CF-18. This video shows the American Short Take-Off/Vertical Landing variant (F-35B) that the United States Government is testing on an aircraft carrier.
- This video shows a young pilot flying the last airworthy B-29 Bomber into the Oshkosh Air Show.
- Powered Parachute Racing Video
- Spanish Pilots flying Canadian Built Canadair Water Bombers!
- Cool video of a Lufthansa Airlines Airbus A380-800 landing at the San Francisco Airport. As seen from the cockpit. See the flight crew at work first-hand!
Band or Music-Related Content
- Bagpipes, a unicycle, and Star Wars. How can these all fit together? Watch this video to find out!
Other Fun or Useful Links
- Virtual Museum of Canada - This website allows you to access images and archives from museums all across Canada.